Comox Valley Regional District
Oil to Heat Pump Incentive
Terms and Conditions
Last updated 16 June 2017
Up to 30 incentives (“CVRD Top-Up Incentives”) of $400 per home are available to qualifying Comox Valley Regional District residents who complete the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive program.
- Homes must be located within the Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD), including all electoral and municipal areas..
- Homes must successfully complete the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program.
- If an individual owns multiple homes, a top-up incentive can be accessed for each qualifying legal dwelling unit.
- The $400 CVRD top-up incentive is available in addition to up to $1700 in Oil to Heat Pump Incentive program incentives.
- Applications from residents in Electoral Area A, B, or C of the CVRD must be received after 1 November 2015, within the registration deadline, and before the end of the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program.
- Applications from residents in all other areas of the CVRD must be received after 1 June 2017, within the registration deadline, and before the end of the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program.
- Register for the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program. If CVRD top-up incentives remain at the time of your registration and if you live in the Comox Valley Regional District, you will be notified that a CVRD top-up incentive has been reserved for you along with your Oil to Heat Pump Incentive. Your incentives will be reserved for you for up to 6 months.
- Complete all the other Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program steps.
- Submit the CVRD Incentive Application Form along with your Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Application Form.
- Receive your CVRD top-up incentive in addition to your Oil to Heat Pump Incentive via the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program.
General Terms and Conditions for CVRD Oil to Heat Pump Top Up Incentives
- Incentive amounts and Program Terms and Conditions are subject to revision at the Program’s sole discretion. Notwithstanding anything in these Terms and Conditions, payment of incentives is subject to the availability of funds and may change at any time without notice.
- Incentives are available on a first-come, first-served basis while funds last, or until the program end date, whichever comes first.
- The Program reserves the right, without incurring any liability, to refuse applications to the Program that the Program determines, in its sole discretion, are incomplete, inaccurate, or otherwise do not meet applicable Program requirements.
- Processing of applications may take a minimum of 90 days.
- Neither City Green Solutions nor the Comox Valley Regional District are responsible for lost, delayed, damaged, illegible, or incomplete applications.
- Incentives will be issued in the form of a cheque to the property owner listed on the application form.
- Homeowners who received incentives under the LiveSmart BC Efficiency Incentive Program are eligible to participate in the Program.
- Participants and installers are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and bylaws regarding permits, codes, restrictions, and inspections in relation to any installation or removal/decommissioning for this Program and for ensuring that appropriate products and installation techniques are used that do not compromise their home’s structure, indoor air quality, and safety.
- Participants are solely responsible for researching Program criteria, choosing eligible products, choosing licensed contractors, and meeting all Program requirements.
- The Program does not endorse any specific product, retailer, or contractor and the Program is not liable for the Participant’s selection of materials or products, or the workmanship, operation, performance, or warranty associated with any Upgrades or associated work performed in relation to the Program. The Program makes no representation or warranty, whether express or implied, in respect of any product, materials, services, or measures associated with any work done in relation to the Program.
- The Program does not guarantee and accepts no liability for the level of energy savings or greenhouse gas reductions achieved by a Participant under this Program.
- Program participants hereby agree to indemnify and save harmless the Program, City Green Solutions, the Comox Valley Regional District, and their respective directors, officers, agents, and employees, from all liability, damages, claims, demands, expenses, and costs for claims, costs for injury or death of any person, damage to or destruction of property, and all economic loss suffered by any person arising from or occurring by reason of the Program, receipt of incentive(s) or actual or alleged preparation or installation or use of the Upgrade(s), including any actions or omissions by third party consultants or contractors in the preparation or installation of the Upgrade(s).
- The Terms and Conditions outlined in this document will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia.